How To - Give Your Own Firework Display
Key points to remember ...
- Store fireworks in a closed box and take them out one at a time
- Follow the instructions on each firework. Use a torch to read them, never a naked flame
- Keep a bucket of water nearby
- Make sure everyone stands well back and pets are kept indoors
- Light fireworks at arm’s length, using the taper provided
- Never go back to a lit firework – even if it hasn’t gone off, it could still explode
- Don’t drink alcohol if responsible for setting off fireworks
- Only buy fireworks which carry the CE Mark
One person should be in charge of the fireworks. If that’s you ensure you read the instructions in daylight and don’t drink any alcohol until your fireworks set is over. On the night you will need…
- a torch
- a bucket of water
- eye protection and gloves
- a bucket of soft earth to put the fireworks in
- suitable supports and launchers if you’re setting off Catherine wheels or rockets
(Source:Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service)
The following video is provided by the British Fireworks Association as part of their 2020 safety campaign.
The Explosives Industry Group has worked alongside the Health and Safety Executive to produce a comprehensive guide for those people without 'specialist knowledge' who wish to fire fireworks.
It is an excellent guide and very useful for individuals and organisations alike.
Please follow the link HERE.